Tab Panels in Web Client

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Tab Panels in Web Client

Postby Gordon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi

Can tabs be dynamically assigned in the web client and triggered from buttons ? I am using the following script which works in the smart client but not the web client

forms.DBRD_Main.elements.Content.removeAllTabs();
forms.DBRD_Main.elements.Content.addTab(forms.F001_DISP_Instructions);

Many thanks

Gordon
Gordon

Postby drookwood » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 am

Hi Gordon,

This works fine for me in both smart and web client
Code: Select all
elements.tabs_70.removeAllTabs();
elements.tabs_70.addTab( forms.contacts_addr, 'addrTab', 'address', 'contact address info', null, '#000000', '#FFFFFF', forms.contacts_card.sj_contactsid, 2);

I have a button on a form that toggles a setting on and off and then redraws the tabs as needed. You may find that web client requires the additional parameters like tab text, tab position etc to work properly. (I tried taking out all the parameters except the form name and that didn't work for me even in smart client!)
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Postby Gordon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:48 am

Hi David

I have a button on a form that toggles a setting on and off and then redraws the tabs as needed. You may find that web client requires the additional parameters like tab text, tab position etc to work properly. (I tried taking out all the parameters except the form name and that didn't work for me even in smart client!)

The issue was a genuine bug and resolved by Johan who gave me a tweaked set of files - the change is going to be added into the next iteration of Servoy and therefore may already have been fixed. Essentially, what I was doing was correct and the smart client was behaving as expected the web client was not. I can confirm that my version is now working.

Gordon
Gordon

Postby drookwood » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:08 pm

OK - thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Return to Web Development