Servoy 6.1.3

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 6.1.3

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:40 pm

but what i see there is a Refresh Action of the solex tree.
Do you changes file underneath the developer?
Normally a form or its elements almost don't change except that you change what you are editing and then do a save.. But that is a one time flush of 1 form and that should be it.
But what i think i see in your stack trace is a constant change of i think scripts (method or variables) of a form an then i guess loads of them.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rossent » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

jcompagner wrote:but what i see there is a Refresh Action of the solex tree.
Normally a form or its elements almost don't change except that you change what you are editing and then do a save.. But that is a one time flush of 1 form and that should be it.
But what i think i see in your stack trace is a constant change of i think scripts (method or variables) of a form an then i guess loads of them.

In a team environment this happens all the time - other developers make changes to the code, and when I update my workspace with the latest changes from the SVN repository, this happens "behind the Servoy Developer"'s back (we are not using the Eclipse SVN client). In additions, we have some media files which are being updated outside the Servoy Developer.
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby maarten » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Is there anybody also having weird scrollbar behaviour in the webclient tableview?
Some of my tableview forms are behaving as expected (with scrollbar), while others just keep on showing page numbering instead.
I've been through al kinds of properties but I just can't find any differences between the "scrollbarred" and the "page numbered" ones.
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby david » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 pm

maarten wrote:Is there anybody also having weird scrollbar behaviour in the webclient tableview?
Some of my tableview forms are behaving as expected (with scrollbar), while others just keep on showing page numbering instead.
I've been through al kinds of properties but I just can't find any differences between the "scrollbarred" and the "page numbered" ones.

Are you touching any forms before

Code: Select all
application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_DEFAULT_SCROLLABLE,true)

is applied?
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Kaptan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

On updating to 6.1.3 all the constants from plugins generate a warning like:

The property BAR is undefined in plugins.VelocityReport.CHART
The property RESOLUTION_HIGH is undefined in plugins.VelocityReport.REPORT
etc.

Unintended/erroneous warning?

(and of course code completion is missing for these properties of the constants classes)
Sem
Kaptan

Postby maarten » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm

david wrote:
maarten wrote:Is there anybody also having weird scrollbar behaviour in the webclient tableview?

application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_DEFAULT_SCROLLABLE,true)

is applied?

yep it's the first line of code (onOpenSolution)

btw: this thread is getting pretty messy with different topics.
Servoy, maybe there's a better way of organising forum feedback on a release?
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby maarten » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 pm

maarten wrote:
david wrote:

is applied?

yep it's the first line of code (onOpenSolution)

btw: this thread is getting pretty messy with different topics.
Servoy, maybe there's a better way of organising forum feedback on a release?

fixed. custom css was scrambling stuff
application.setUIProperty(APP_WEB_PROPERTY.WEBCLIENT_TEMPLATES_DIR, 'custom');
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby Harjo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 am

Maarten, did you tried the new custom CSS for 6.1.3? or do you have your own?
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

rossent wrote:
jcompagner wrote:but what i see there is a Refresh Action of the solex tree.

In a team environment this happens all the time - other developers make changes to the code, and when I update my workspace with the latest changes from the SVN repository, this happens "behind the Servoy Developer"'s back (we are not using the Eclipse SVN client). In additions, we have some media files which are being updated outside the Servoy Developer.

why are you not using the tooling that eclipse provides through plugins??
Now resources are constantly out of sync and complete refreshes are quite big operations.
We are also in a team development over many developers but we all use svn plugins and we almost never have to refresh our workspace..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 am

Kaptan wrote:On updating to 6.1.3 all the constants from plugins generate a warning like:

The property BAR is undefined in plugins.VelocityReport.CHART
The property RESOLUTION_HIGH is undefined in plugins.VelocityReport.REPORT
etc.

Unintended/erroneous warning?

(and of course code completion is missing for these properties of the constants classes)

this is already fixed for 6.1.4
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby david » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 am

jcompagner wrote:why are you not using the tooling that eclipse provides through plugins??
Now resources are constantly out of sync and complete refreshes are quite big operations.
We are also in a team development over many developers but we all use svn plugins and we almost never have to refresh our workspace..

6.1.3 is really nuts with workspace rebuilds here too. As bad or worse than 6.1RC's. I do have some Servoy server resource directories under external SVN but otherwise use Eclipse for team sharing.

Not even sure where to begin to give useful feedback but restarting Servoy or changing an included module is an automatic rebuild which can take sometimes a few minutes.

EDIT: As long as a rebuild doesn't happen, everything is pretty snappy.
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 am

when a restart happens a full rebuild shouldn't be done, but i do notice on certain test works spaces that it does that.
i will investigate that why it does that.
Building the full workspace just cost time, especially when you have large workspaces like you guys have. Switching active solution or adding a module that just has to rebuild a everything (thats the same thing as adding a jar or another project to a java project)

But what Rossen talks about is not a build, thats the resouce change event and then our own stuff or flushing and creating caches, the build will be done after that.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby david » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 am

gotcha. makes sense. thx.
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby maarten » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Harjo wrote:Maarten, did you tried the new custom CSS for 6.1.3? or do you have your own?

No I haven't. I'm still using older version.
One thing I noticed is that the header and columns are not aligning vertically.
I will check latest . Thanks!
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby rossent » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:18 pm

jcompagner wrote:why are you not using the tooling that eclipse provides through plugins??

We do have many versioned files which are outside of the Servoy workspace. Another reason for ditching the svn Eclipse plugins quite some time ago were the multitude of bugs which both the Subversive and Subclipse had (and still have) - they do slow down the IDE quite a bit and fall flat whenever there are any significant merge conflicts, file moves/renames, etc. I have not tried the newer versions due to the bad experience which we had in the past. Which one works better for Servoy - Subversive or Subclipse?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1854 ... ould-i-use
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6132 ... subversive
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements