Resource Projects in Servoy / Eclipse

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Resource Projects in Servoy / Eclipse

Postby deezzub » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 pm

How are Resource Projects organized in Servoy / Eclipse?

In Servoy Developer, I see under Resources in the Solution Explorer all configured databases. If I create a new project and use the same resource project, what database server informations uploaded to the application server? What is uploaded if I create a new project and a new resource project for that project?

If I create a database server under Resources in the Solution Explorer, but I don't use the server, are informations about this server uploading to the application server after Solution export?
deezzub

Re: Resource Projects in Servoy / Eclipse

Postby jcompagner » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 am

A resources project should be seen as the Server configuration where you are deploying to

So if you have 2 resource projects then those should really be 2 servers where you deploy to.

The (database) information that is uploaded to the server is what a solution uses from its resource project (so only the tables that are actually used in the solution by forms,relations,valuelists not if you just use it purely in scripting!)
We have checkbox in the export where you can say export all tables of a touched server. So if the solution touches 1 table of a specific server then if you check that box all the tables are exported.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Eclipse Environment