Smart Client Startup "verification" needs >1 minute

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Smart Client Startup "verification" needs >1 minute

Postby briese-it » Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello,
since Java 7.4 the smart client needs on most of our computers more than 1 minute to start.

The application shows the message "Anwendung wird verifiziert" (means verifying application in engl). Then we have to wait a long time before the application is starting. No logs in the java console because nothing is startet yet....

On the application server we are running Java 7u80. Clients have Java 7u40 - 8u45. Same situation on all clients - start time between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. I resigned all jars but that has no effect. Changing java settings on the client side doesn't help, too.
We can't switch to webclient right now because we are making a lot of file transfers and drag/drop which is not really useable in webclient.

I know that a lot of people have problems with java web start since java 7.40 but nobody has an idea how to get rid of this....

I hope that somebody can help me, thanks.
Michael Harms
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co.KG, Germany
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Re: Smart Client Startup "verification" needs >1 minute

Postby jcompagner » Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

i think there is a bug report at oracle that they will fix in 8u60 or something like that.

you are already resigning all your jars, so that is the best you can do (make sure there is only 1 certificate used for all the jars)

in the java preferences you could start to play with "revocation" checks make sure that they don't check anything for that.

if you want to test it if they have already fixed something you could try to install this pre release: https://jdk8.java.net/download.html
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Smart Client Startup "verification" needs >1 minute

Postby briese-it » Tue May 19, 2015 10:04 am

Hi Johan.
Thanks for the informations. I will test it.
Michael Harms
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co.KG, Germany
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Return to Servoy Client