WebClient sessions

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

WebClient sessions

Postby maria.kyselova » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:34 am

Hi guys,

When I run my webclient solution and close the browser, then open it again and run the same solution, I get to see the same page I left off last time.
Also, the state of data is outdated on it. Say, my first page displays a list of 3 records, then I click on a button to go to detail view and add one more record; that pushes the data to my server and then updates and displays the list, so there are 4 records in it. If I close the browser at this point and run the solution again, it will skip the login screen and go directly to the list but only display 3 records in it.
I can see the session id in the URL is the same as the last time I ran the webclient, so I assume it's the same session.

So, how do I deal with it? :) I'd like to return the user to the login screen and have them have to authenticate again.
I am not using Servoy security framework and don't have the login and authenticator solutions - could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Maria
Cheers,
Maria
maria.kyselova

Re: WebClient sessions

Postby jdbruijn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:34 am

Do you really close the browser? or only the tab with your solution on it?
It sounds like you only close the tab. And when you open a new tab in the same browser then it is using the same session id and as such it is linked to the servoy webclient that is still active on your server.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Return to Servoy Web Client