Corrupt Installer

Q&A regarding installation and issues getting started with Servoy

Corrupt Installer

Postby yumveg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am

Just downloaded twice and both times got an error about corrupt jar file for the Version 6 installer on this page https://servoy.com/download/

Is there another place to download?
yumveg

Re: Corrupt Installer

Postby mboegem » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Just downloaded it as well from this location, no problem at all.
Did you try installing a more recent version as well?

Just curious why you want such an old version.
v7 is basically v6 + Servoy Mobile client, so I guess it wouldn't hurt using that even with v6 solutions.

Even v8 should be suitable for v6 solutions and in terms of support probably the best version to use.
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby yumveg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Yes have installed versions 5,7,8 and all install. The version 6 (windows) gets the corrupt Jar file message.

The issue I have is when I try and run version 7 and 8 I keep getting mysql sql syntax errors which don't occur in version 5. The projects I am loading were originally created in version 5 and 6 (I no longer have the v6 installer).

There are other things I find besides the SQL errors I get in v8, for example Iam finding a number of plugins I have like the Busy plugin and a google map process using webclientutils does not work in v8 but does work in v5 and did work in v6 when they were originally developed.
yumveg

Postby patrick » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 am

Regarding the problems related to plugins etc see my remark in your specific google maps post.

Regarding MySQL you may have to verify which database driver is used to connect to the DB. What syntax errors are you getting?
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Return to I'm just getting started