Servoy 8.2.3

Servoy announcements

Servoy 8.2.3

Postby jcompagner » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 8.2.3 (releasenumber 3109)

This version is available through our download site

The update site is: http://download.servoy.com/developer/8xx_updates/

There are, compared to the 8.2.3rc, a few extra fixes are done to fix some regressions and one small improvement for Progress
see our wiki: 8.2.3 for the issues fixed in this release compared to: 8.2.3 release candidate.

This will be very likely the last 8.2.x release and it will be superseded by 8.3 where the version RC will be released beginning of April.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 8.2.3

Postby briese-it » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:12 am

Hello,
I updated our application server to 8.2.3 and now it's not possible to import a solution anymore.

servoy_log:
Code: Select all
2018-03-28 08:08:10,758 ERROR [http-nio-8080-exec-4] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl [ ]
com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:495)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.importFromJarFile(Zhb.java:124)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.Za(ConfigServlet.java:703)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.service(ConfigServlet.java:2780)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)
   at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:624)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:349)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:783)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:789)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1437)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:132)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:42)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:141)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:503)
   ... 25 more

How to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Harms
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co.KG, Germany
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Postby jcompagner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 am

yes this is a known issue and already fixed.
It is weird that you get it in a normal import, because there sablo code (ngclient) should be there and that cast should work..

How is that WAR created? If you look into that WAR in the "WEB-INF\lib" dir does it have a sablo-xxxxx.jar ?

please next time, test also the RC.... this would have been fixed if the RC was tested
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby briese-it » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 am

It's a normal export from developer that I wanted to import on the server.
I think testing all rc it's not my job and I have a lot of other things to do.... I assume that something like that was extensively tested by Servoy before final release... but anyway.
I have only updated on our testing appplication server, so no problem right now.....

Now I have to wait for 8.2.4, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Harms
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Postby jcompagner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 am

what do you call "application_server" ?

our applicaiton server installation or a WAR export and an deploy of that on a tomcat?

Because what you do is kind of weird. You import a solution that has WebComponents in it.. (so ngclient) on an applicaton_server (or WAR without ngclient support)
That is something we don't really test, because that is kind of a weird thing todo anyway.. Because what you import will not work anyway in that deployement
Because the WebComponent can't be used on a form really at runtime because the support is not in the runtime for that.

I am not talking about export of the solution.

The only way a solution with webcomponents will work is export first a WAR (with NGClient support, that means the active solution must be a normal or ngclient solution)
and then import the solution (or export the active solution right away with it)

A solution with webcomponents won't really work on an servoy application server install or on a WAR that doesn't have support for ngclient.

There won't be a 824, the next release will be 83

But this is why we have RC's if you don't start testing that, then these kind of corner cases can happen, because as we said this is not what we test, because we see this as a wrong setup anyway.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby briese-it » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am

Iam using the standard installation of an application server on a Windows Server. Nothing special.
I don't need any webcomponents because we are using smart and webclient only.
Now I checked all my solutions and found webcomponents in the servoy framework we are using. Your framework has support for the ng-client, therefore I don't know, why things like that are not tested by Servoy.....

I deleted the WebComponent-Packages and deleted the components from the framework forms.
Import runs without problems now.

Thanks
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby sbutler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Running the updater from an 8.1 install and I get the following error, preventing from updating.

Downloading...
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://download.servoy.com/downloads/8x ... e.jar.3036
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.updater.VersionCheck.downloadNewVersionJar(VersionCheck.java:181)
at com.servoy.updater.VersionCheck.downloadIncrementalNewVersions(VersionCheck.java:235)
at com.servoy.updater.VersionCheck.main(VersionCheck.java:350)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://download.servoy.com/downloads/8x ... e.jar.3036
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.updater.VersionCheck.downloadNewVersionJar(VersionCheck.java:176)
... 2 more
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Postby jcompagner » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:21 pm

this is a know issue and reported in 8.2, 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 release
see: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21872
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby briese-it » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:14 pm

I updated our productive application server after testing on our test server. Everything was running fine and importing was no problem after deleting the webcomponents.
Today I can't import my solution again
Code: Select all
2018-04-01 12:06:51,506 ERROR [http-nio-8080-exec-3] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl [ ]
com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:495)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.importFromJarFile(Zhb.java:124)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.Za(ConfigServlet.java:703)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.service(ConfigServlet.java:2780)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
   at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:624)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:349)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:783)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
   at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:789)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1437)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectBasicImpl cannot be cast to com.servoy.j2db.persistence.WebObjectImpl
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:132)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:141)
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zhb.Za(Zhb.java:503)
   ... 25 more

I checked all modules and there is no webcomponent and I have no idea what the problem is. How can i find out where the problem is coming from?
It's a really big solution with about 140 modules and it's nearly impossible to import every module separate to look which module creates this error.....
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby briese-it » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:14 am

Since Version 8.2.3 and the next version with the bugfix for my problem above, my cronjobs within the batchprocessor are running at the wrong time.

Example:
scheduler.addCronJob( "batchprozess_" + batchRecord.prozess, "0 30 16 ? * 2-6", import_ECB_exchangeRates );
Job runs at 01:44 instead of 16:30

scheduler.addCronJob( "batchprozess_" + batchRecord.prozess, "0 0 16 * * ?", importTalentLMSUserData );
Job runs at 01:44 instead of 16:00

Any ideas?

Is there a mistake in my sourcecode? Think I haven't done any changes....
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 am

Hi Michael,

Your code looks okay.
Did you check if the server it runs on has the correct time?
And can you reproduce it in your developer environment?
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby briese-it » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Robert,
yes, the server has the correct time, no changes.
Now I started a cronjob on my developer environment and there it's running fine.
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 am

Hi Michael,

So 1:44 is a pretty specific time. And both cronjobs with the different scheduled times ran on that time which is weird.
Do you see this running at that time everyday?
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 am

i don't see how that can be a change in servoy
The scheduler plugin itself hasn't changed for years.
Also the quartz.jar that it uses is as far as i know the same for many versions (at least 814 and 823 are the same)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby briese-it » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 am

Friday I started logging the tasks to see what happend. These are the results:

Today: Both jobs running at 01:44
Yesterday: Only importTalentLMSUserData, that's correct, but started at 01:18
Sunday: Only importTalentLMSUserData, that's correct, but started at 01:44
Saturday: th jobs were running friday at 01:55 and
Friday: Both jobs running at 01:44

That's really weird.

I have daily updates for my solution and every evening I delete all solutions on the application server and import my updated version. Therefore it can't be a faulty import.
Michael Harms
briese-it

Next

Return to Announcements