requestFocus hit and miss on android browser

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

requestFocus hit and miss on android browser

Postby joe26 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 am

As per this post, https://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19732&p=106349&hilit=requestfocus#p106349
it isn't recommended that Android or IOS use the webclient, but rather, the ngclient for servoy access.

I'm experiencing the occasional lost cursor and need to touch elsewhere on the Android and then back again to the text input and it usually returns.

It appears that the keyboard staying on the same entry area sends the cursor elsewhere. (There is only one entry area, but the occasional dialog is necessary.)
I request a popup or have to notify of an error, so either press the big text area and return to cursor or select 'yes' or 'no' and return to same entry area.

Is there a solution to moderate use of requestFocus? Some way of setting focus elsewhere that doesn't require a keyboard and then pop up again to renew the keyboard?

*EDIT* further research indicates the browser DOM is recreated when the keyboard is shown on the web page, causing focus to be reset.

Changing the Android keyboard from Swype to Samsung permitted maintaining focus in the entry area.

Working on IOS...

Thanks,
--Joe.
joe26

Return to Programming with Servoy