Service solution type does not activate automatically

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Service solution type does not activate automatically

Postby palacio » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,
I would like to ask if anyone has already experienced this error/anomally that the Service solution does not run or activates automatically?
We have batch processors that are in this Service solution and to make the batch processors work the Service solution should be activated or ran automatically. Our problem is sometimes
this Service solution is not running automatically to solve the problem every time that this happens we always need to restart servoy service and this is not a good solution because our clients are
always working and 5 minutes to 10 minutes of stopping what they are doing is very hard problem for them.

The name of our service solution is Scheduler and we have known that to verify if the batch processors are running we should go to the Client Performance menu in the Servoy Server Admin page.
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (6.17 KiB) Viewed 2979 times

I hope someone could help me or give me some ideas on how to solve this problem.

Thank you and best regards.
palacio
palacio

Re: Service solution type does not activate automatically

Postby mboegem » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:11 am

Hi Palacio,

My experience is there's always a good reason and the majority of cases this is PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer :wink: )
Let's start by having a look at the servoy_log.txt file: whenever the batch processor doesn't start automatically, do you seen any error messages around that time?
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby palacio » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:04 pm

mboegem wrote:Hi Palacio,

My experience is there's always a good reason and the majority of cases this is PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer :wink: )
Let's start by having a look at the servoy_log.txt file: whenever the batch processor doesn't start automatically, do you seen any error messages around that time?

Hi Marc,

Thank you for responding.
Well yes there were errors at the time that when it stopped working, for example: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: timeout after 60 seconds which occured at 2:59 in the morning.
Maybe for this error I could verify it with our technicians on why this is happening but I have another question , when the batch processor doesn't start automatically .... is restarting the servoy application is the only way to solve this problem ? or is there another way?

Palacio
palacio

Postby ROCLASI » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi Palacio,

palacio wrote:but I have another question , when the batch processor doesn't start automatically .... is restarting the servoy application is the only way to solve this problem ? or is there another way?

You can go to the batchprocessor section of servoy-admin and start (and stop) the batchprocessor. No need to restart the whole Servoy server to restart a batchprocessor.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby palacio » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:19 pm

ROCLASI wrote:Hi Palacio,

You can go to the batchprocessor section of servoy-admin and start (and stop) the batchprocessor. No need to restart the whole Servoy server to restart a batchprocessor.

Hope this helps.

Hi Robert,
Yes sometimes we use that method but lately after the latest upgrade of servoy (version 3522) the start and stop buttons of the batchprocessor are not functioning well specially when the batch has already started processing and you have to stop the process immediately, it does not let you do it not like before the old releases of servoy.

Palacio
palacio

Postby kwpsd » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:40 pm

PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer :wink: )...good one, Marc!
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Return to Servoy Server