Cannot import solution <solution name> included in war file

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Cannot import solution <solution name> included in war file

Postby Richard1521662995 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Set up a new server, created a war file and deployed into Tomcat server. I have updated parts of the software and did a file export creating a .servoy file. First couple of updates imported fine. Have tried to import today and the import stops with the error 'Cannot import solution <solution name> included in war file'.

I deleted all the solutions -- noted the message Warning: the server must be restarted in case the same solution needs to be imported again. Rebooted the server, went to import the solution and all the solutions I deleted have re-appeared. Tried deleting the solutions one by one, rebooted the server, all the solutions have re-appeared again.

This method of updating the solution has worked fine so far. Am i doing anything wrong or is there a better way of updating?

Richard
Richard Clarke
acss.co.uk
Richard1521662995

Re: Cannot import solution <solution name> included in war f

Postby Ruben79 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

Seems like you exported your war file including solutions. That is also why they show up after a restart again.
When you want to use a .servoy file to update your application server, it's best to not export the solutions with the war file. So you'll have an empty repository when deployed and you need to import your .servoy first.
After that you can keep updating your server with .servoy files and the modules will get new import revisions because they are saved in the repository database. Even after a redeploy of the war file these will be persistent.
Ruben de Jong
Stb Software Development
SAN Partner

Stb Software Development - http://www.stb.nl
Ruben79

Re: Cannot import solution <solution name> included in war f

Postby Richard1521662995 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am

I have include active solution and modules ticked in he war export. Will try updating the server that way, thnks.
Richard Clarke
acss.co.uk
Richard1521662995

Return to Servoy Server