Servoy not connecting to Github

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Servoy not connecting to Github

Postby doug » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Synchronizing with Guthub has stopped working. Have been using Github with Servoy for years without an issue. I can log in to Github directly via the github site but via Servoy the usename & passowrd no longer connect. I'm having the same issue from 2 different Servoy development environments on 2 separate system so I think the issue is with Github. I have no idea what the issue is or how to narrow down what the issue is. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
doug

Re: Servoy not connecting to Github

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:40 am

Recently Github started enforcing either use of tokens for access instead of the real password or not using auth in remote's URL - or both (not sure).
So you have to define a token in your account on github site (settings / developer settings / personal access tokens) and use that instead of your current password on those git repos.

From developer
  • if the URL inside Git repositories view / your repo / Remotes / origin used to contain authentication info, you have to remove those and create different remotes with URL copy/pasted from github for that repo. Then it will ask for your username and password (where you give the new token instead of your password). I expect this is most likely the problem you have
  • if it remembered credentials you have to clear those out either completely or for the affected git remote either from Settings / General / Security / Secure storage / Contents tab or by going to the Git repositories view / your repo / Remotes / origin - right click on the ones affected and do Clear credentials.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby swingman » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm

I use git manually with Servoy -- and Github has been preparing to switch to access tokens for a while; sending out warning emails when you log in using a password.
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby doug » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:04 pm

I received the emails but it didn't sound like the change would effect integrated access.

It's working fine now using the generated token.
doug

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs