Servoy announces: Servoy World 2005

Servoy announcements

Servoy announces: Servoy World 2005

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue May 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Learn about Servoy
At Servoy World, we'll show you everything you ever wanted to know about the benefits of using Servoy. For those of you who are new to Servoy and even for those of you who have started creating Servoy applications, we will show you techniques to make your Servoy solutions even better. Experienced Servoy developers will share their tips, tricks, shortcuts and best practices with you so that you can develop your own Servoy solutions more quickly and efficiently!

Network
Meet other Servoy users and developers. If you are a software developer, this a great place to find new customers or other development companies to work with. If you are an end-user of Servoy, this is a great place to find highly experienced Servoy developers and trainers.

Meet the Servoy staff
All the key management, engineering and development Servoy staff will be on hand - so you will get a chance to meet them in person. Find out who the people are that invented and developed Servoy. Speak to the engineers who continue to design this great product and meet the Servoy product managers.

Share your knowledge and learn from other developers
Servoy World is an excellent opportunity to share your knowledge with other developers and to learn from them as well. With Servoy, there many ways of solving software challenges - so there's always more to learn from the experiences of developers like yourself.

In-depth technical and business sessions
With both a technical and a business track and over 30 sessions, Servoy World is an excellent place to boost your knowledge of the Servoy environment. The Technical Track will have sessions for both beginning and advanced Servoy developers. Our Business Track will include sessions discussing such topics as key business market trends; what's happening in the software market, business-wise and technically; how to be successful with Servoy; and many more!

Industry specific sessions
Servoy World will feature industry specific sessions which will focus on how and why Servoy answers the challenges of specific market segments. We encourage you to join industry-related sessions on Travel, Wholesale, Financial Services, Marketing, Media, Local Government, Healthcare, Printing, Insurance Agencies, and more. We will also present showcases that cover areas such as: CRM, HRM, ERP, Content Management, BI and Reporting.

Experienced expert speakers
The speakers we've invited to present the Technical Track and Business Track sessions for Servoy World are highly experienced each is an expert in the areas of specialty for their sessions and they use Servoy in the "real world" every day.

Enjoy
To make sure you're comfortable while working hard to increase your knowledge, Servoy World will be held at one of the best hotels in the Netherlands. The all new four-star hotel is located close to the airport and to downtown Amsterdam - the capital of the Netherlands.

New to Servoy? Take the introduction!
If you are new to Servoy or haven't had the time to explore its core features, we'll be hosting an introductory Servoy 101 session right before the conference. This one-day session will cover all the basic features of Servoy and we'll show you in a hands-on way how to get started developing with Servoy. This is an optional course and there is a separate fee to attend this event.

visit www.servoyworld.info for more information

Looking forward to meet all the forum members in Amsterdam!
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Thank you Servoy for this great conference!

Postby bruno » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:59 am

Dear Servoy team,
Dear ServoyWorld 2005 participants,

I just want to say THANKS to everybody. It was a perfect occasion to widen the horizons and to be even more confident about the future of this great product.

I wish I had more time to talk to all of you!

For all still enjoying in Amsterdam - safe and pleasant journey back home.

See you all next year,
Bruno
Last edited by bruno on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruno

Postby Stef » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:15 am

I completely agree, it was just perfect! Thanks to everyone!

Next year: 4 days please!

Biertje!

Stef
Stef

Postby IT2Be » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:39 am

This was a wonderfull event!

I loved meeting all of you and see the face behind the name!

Next year I will be there again without a doubt!

And I agree with Stef, one or two days more would be no issue to me. Would give me and/or my fellow speakers 'a minute or 2' extra time to answer various questions and deal with certain subjects more indepth.

All in all I enjoyed it to the MAX :D
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby grahamg » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:29 pm

Great software, great team and wondeful conference - especially Kangeroo steak the new Dutch national dish.

Agree that an extra day or two plus fewer but longer sessions would work well. There's just so much to learn.

See you all next year

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
grahamg

Postby automazione » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:43 pm

grahamg wrote:Great software, great team and wondeful conference - especially Kangeroo steak the new Dutch national dish.

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ... kangaroo steak was really great (WWF.... sorry I truly apologize for this). Please Graham...start booking a front first row seat for me for your session at ServoyWorld 2006.
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby pbakker » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:04 pm

Allthough I had only time to be there for one day, it was trully inspiring.

Enjoyed getting to knwo some faces behind the posts on the forum.

And liked what was shown, especially the Webdirect technology!

Paul
pbakker

Postby ROCLASI » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:45 pm

Awesome conference! Truly a community building event. Lots of networking was going on.
Also great to finally see the faces behind the forum handles :)

Stef and Marcel are absolutely right about that the sessions where too short. Next year more days!

Thanks Servoy!
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby swingman » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:27 pm

Great event! It had a real buzz. Good to get to know you all...

Suggestion for next year: check that the hotel firewall will let through traffic on ports 8080 and 1099 ;-)
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby Riccardino » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:20 am

Great event: meeting all those people belonging to Servoy Brotherhood has been an unforgettable experience.

Yeah: next year, more days :-)
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby Harjo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:29 pm

Yes, it was great being there and speak to all the Servoy-people from all over the world. Nice to see and discuss al kinds of things/views, etc..
Indeed, one day more would be nice, and some more indepth tips&tricks like Bob Cusick and Adam Klodner did! I had a really big laugh there during there sessions. :D
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby Karel Broer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:29 am

I really enjoyed every minute of Servoy World 2005!
Many thanks to the whole Servoy staff, they made this awesome event even more special.
Great to get to meet the persons behind the forum names; hope to see y'all next year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Karel Broer on Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby beerguy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:37 pm

You've missed EVERYTHING!

I was bummed I could not fit in the trip, that said: When can we expect revelations for the unenlightened?
beerguy

Postby john.allen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:59 am

I was bummed I could not fit in the trip, that said: When can we expect revelations for the unenlightened?

Well for one thing expect the Servoy 'mini-World' tour to be making a stop at five different US destinations in the month of November I believe!
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Thanks!

Postby Cain » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:46 pm

Great show, and well worth the trip! Already looking forward to SW2006 on our side of the pond. Have I mentioned how great Orlando is? :wink:

Special thanks to the vendors. Not a spec of "fluff" in the crowd. Really great stuff. Also, special thanks for the "show and tell" sessions (my favorites) by the likes of Marcel, Bob and Adam. (btw Adam, looking forward to seeing that magazine solution... with sample data :lol: )

I, too, would like to see more time and longer sessions. :idea: Maybe short sessions for case studies, etc., but longer for "show and tell" sessions? Those seemed to be the ones that Yvo had to drag people away from for lunch.

Just a suggestion, though. I'm already a satisfied customer!

Once again, excellent! Keep up the good work!

Biertje!
Cain

Next

Return to Announcements