Servoy 3.5 rc 4

Release notes for Servoy betas

Postby agiletortoise » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Ok, I finally I figured out what's specific to the showFormInDialog calls I'm having problems with. If you make a dialog plugin call before the showFormInDialog call, you get the blank dialog. I made a test solution and will submit to support today...but try this:

Code: Select all
if( plugins.dialogs.showQuestionDialog( "confirm?",  "Confirm?",  "Yes",  "No" ) != "Yes" )
   return;

application.showFormInDialog( forms.employees,-1,-1,150,150,"Dialog",true,false,'dialog',true);

greg.
Greg Pierce
Agile Tortoise
SAN Developer
http://www.agiletortoise.com
agiletortoise

Postby agiletortoise » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 pm

To followup on the showFormInDialog bug, it appears that this only happens after you've gone into design mode and back out...although, it does happen in the client launched against the Developer app in this instance.

greg.
Greg Pierce
Agile Tortoise
SAN Developer
http://www.agiletortoise.com
agiletortoise

Postby rgansevles » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:08 pm

agiletortoise wrote:Ok, I finally I figured out what's specific to the showFormInDialog calls I'm having problems with. If you make a dialog plugin call before the showFormInDialog call, you get the blank dialog. I made a test solution and will submit to support today...but try this:

if( plugins.dialogs.showQuestionDialog( "confirm?",  "Confirm?",  "Yes",  "No" ) != "Yes" )
   return;

application.showFormInDialog( forms.employees,-1,-1,150,150,"Dialog",true,false,'dialog',true);

greg.

Greg, thanks for the nice small example.
This will be fixed in release 3.5RC5.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby ryanparrish » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:13 pm

We have been playing with 3.5rc4 for about a week and today all of a sudden the smart client can't find the repository. After the smart client launches it never pops up the dialog box asking what solution to open, and if we try to open the solution by going through the menu the list is blank.

This is on a linux server where we run developer via X11 and developer works just fine, just the smart client stopped working. The only messages we have in the log are about column names being being too long, but we have had those messages since 2.1 or so.

Any pointers on how to get around this? Is this a know bug?
ryanparrish

Postby ROCLASI » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Any changes in the firewall settings? Sounds to me it's a port thing..
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 pm

ryanparrish wrote:We have been playing with 3.5rc4 for about a week and today all of a sudden the smart client can't find the repository. After the smart client launches it never pops up the dialog box asking what solution to open, and if we try to open the solution by going through the menu the list is blank.

This is on a linux server where we run developer via X11 and developer works just fine, just the smart client stopped working. The only messages we have in the log are about column names being being too long, but we have had those messages since 2.1 or so.

Any pointers on how to get around this? Is this a know bug?

Definetely not 'known'. Our own site, front and backoffice run on this version (on FreeBSD sort of similar to Linux in some ways) and it runs without problems.

Checklist:
- Delete webstart cache
- Check firewalls blocking 1099
- turn debugging on on server and client and read logfiles: they should list what is going on
- Upgrade to windows
ok ok the last one was just a joke!

Assuming you rmi on the default 1099 port, what do you get if you do this:

telnet crm.servoy.com 1099

[replace crm.servoy.com with your hostname/IP] It should connect if it doesn't either your IP is not accessible, it might be firewalled or servoy is not listening on 1099 (config?)
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby ryanparrish » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:57 pm

"Delete webstart cache"
Same result.

"Check firewalls blocking 1099"
No firewall, it is our internal network development machine. I also verified that I can access connect to port 1099 from my workstation.

"turn debugging on on server and client and read logfiles: they should list what is going on"
I'm not familiar with how to turn on the debugging, would love to know. I see several sections in servoy.properties that mention debug - but don't know what settings to change.

"Upgrade to windows"
Replace one problem with hundreds :wink:
ryanparrish

Postby ryanparrish » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:57 pm

I just tried reinstalling r4 and still get the same result :(
FWIW, if I stop the servoy_server portion and just run developer and try to connect with the smart client to the server that developer starts I get the same result - the client does not see the solution.

Could something have happened to my repository that messes up the smart client and not developer? It's on a MySQL db by the way.
ryanparrish

Postby hpmxxx » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:32 am

Check also the solution type under "Solution Settings". Only solutions of type "Normal" are showed in the client dialog.
Hans-Peter Minnig
Nextree GmbH
hpmxxx

Postby Harry Catharell » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:50 am

Hi Ryan,

If you haven't already done so then it may be worth checking that port 1099 is being used by the server.

If you have mistakenly had both Server and developer launched at the same time then one or the other may have had a conflict in trying to set rmi on port 1099 and if it cannot use that port then Servoy will use the next port number which is generally 1100 !

Hope this helps
Cheers
Harry
Harry Catharell

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:59 am

ryanparrish wrote:Could something have happened to my repository that messes up the smart client and not developer? It's on a MySQL db by the way.

The repository has nothing to do with deployment of a smart client.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:51 pm

What do you get if you type:

telnet serverip 1099

in a shell / command prompt ?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby ryanparrish » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:57 pm

hpmxxx wrote:Check also the solution type under "Solution Settings". Only solutions of type "Normal" are showed in the client dialog.

Yes the solution is of type "Normal", just checked.

jaleman wrote:What do you get if you type:

telnet serverip 1099

in a shell / command prompt ?

Ryan-Parrishs-Computer:~ rparrish$ telnet devserver 1099
Trying 10.2.5.10...
Connected to devserver.
Escape character is '^]'.

So, yeah - it is connecting. (BTW, netcat connects also and is much better than using telnet to test ports).

jaleman wrote:The repository has nothing to do with deployment of a smart client.

I understand that it it is not responsible for the deployment portion of the client, but the once the client launches I would have to think that the repo gets queried for available solutions to present the list box to me - or is it getting that list from somewhere else that I am not aware of and thats my issue?
ryanparrish

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:19 pm

are we talking about the same network here?
So is the linux client and the server on the same network?

If not is on the client not suddenly the 2 way socket disabled?

Don't you get any other messages? like Client couldn't register?

johan
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ryanparrish » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Ah, just got it working again.

Before I just deleted the ~/.servoy folder, and the webstart cache and it didn't work. But this time I delete those two folders plus the java 'temporary internet files' and now it is loading the solution again. Weird that it happened on all the machines around me at the same time as they are not running this version or from this server but it seems to work work now. *shrug*

Thanks for the helpful suggestions! :D Now back to updating my solution to 3.5
ryanparrish

Previous

Return to Latest Releases