Zoom level for developing forms

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Zoom level for developing forms

Postby jmeunier » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:18 pm

I searched for this one, but did not find it.

I would love to see the ability to "zoom in" on a form, similar to what you could do in FMP. When moving one pixel lines around, it is very handy if you can make it bigger. I do not care to make if available to the end users (like you could in FMP), but it would really help in developer.

BTW, if this is already in the product, can someone let me know. I could not find it anywhere.
Jason Meunier
Servoy USA
jmeunier

Postby ebrandt » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:37 pm

I second that one!!
ebrandt

Postby monetteboy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:46 pm

I would love that feature also!!!
monetteboy

Postby Karel Broer » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Me too!
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Re: Zoom level for developing forms

Postby Riccardino » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:03 pm

jmeunier wrote:I searched for this one, but did not find it.

I would love to see the ability to "zoom in" on a form, similar to what you could do in FMP. When moving one pixel lines around, it is very handy if you can make it bigger. I do not care to make if available to the end users (like you could in FMP), but it would really help in developer.

BTW, if this is already in the product, can someone let me know. I could not find it anywhere.

In the meanwhile, you can use a software magnifying glass. Some of them allow you to set the zoom level.
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby Harry Catharell » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:59 pm

Or if on a Mac then you can use Universal Access which will allow you to zoom in and out using keyboard shortcuts.

Reach it via System Preferences -> System -> Universal Access

This may help

Cheers
Harry
Harry Catharell

Postby sammyzheng » Tue May 23, 2006 6:43 pm

it'll be great to scriptomatically set zoom levels. That would be really great!
sammyzheng

Postby tgs » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:52 am

Is there a zoom function in the current Servoy Vers. (3.5.3)? I couldn't found a posibility to set a zoom factor in Servoy, but this feature would be great. In my solutions I have a lot of text_aerea fields with formatted fonds size to 8, 9 or 10 px. This format is ok for prints out, but too small displayed in record view.

Thomas
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby rgansevles » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Thomas,

Servoy 3.5 developer does not support zooming.
We are planning to improve the 4.0 (eclipse-based) developer with this nice feature.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby Jan Aleman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:06 pm

tgs wrote:Is there a zoom function in the current Servoy Vers. (3.5.3)? I couldn't found a posibility to set a zoom factor in Servoy, but this feature would be great. In my solutions I have a lot of text_aerea fields with formatted fonds size to 8, 9 or 10 px. This format is ok for prints out, but too small displayed in record view.

Thomas

you can use the paperPrintScale property on the form for this.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby tgs » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 am

Hello Jan,

Jan Aleman wrote:you can use the paperPrintScale property on the form for this.

Setting the paperPrintScale property relates only to the Print Preview function. It is not very userfriendly to write your text in a 8 px text aerea field and have to change to the print preview for a look what do you have written. I would like to have a zoom/scale function in record view of Servoy (not by the OS) with an editing posibility.
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:01 am

tgs wrote:Setting the paperPrintScale property relates only to the Print Preview function. It is not very userfriendly to write your text in a 8 px text aerea field and have to change to the print preview for a look what do you have written. I would like to have a zoom/scale function in record view of Servoy (not by the OS) with an editing posibility.

What about using separate data-entry forms and print forms ?
This way you are not constraint by the field sizes needed for data-entry or printing.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 am

tgs wrote:Hello Jan,

Jan Aleman wrote:you can use the paperPrintScale property on the form for this.

Setting the paperPrintScale property relates only to the Print Preview function. It is not very userfriendly to write your text in a 8 px text aerea field and have to change to the print preview for a look what do you have written. I would like to have a zoom/scale function in record view of Servoy (not by the OS) with an editing posibility.

Well I was referring to what you said: "This format is ok for prints out, but too small displayed in record view. " My suggestion solves exactly that issue. I don't understand your new challenge: a user can type text he cannot see? but when he is not editing he should be able to see it? How is that user-friendly?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby tgs » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 am

I'm sorry Jan,

but sometimes it is a little bit difficult to explain the issue in english. What I meant is to have a zoom function for the record view window (like in FileMaker) for a zoomed out view while typing or editing text. The paperPrintScale property only allows to control/view the typed text in the printPreView, not to enter or edit. For me it is not userfriendly to typ text, change to printPreView for a look what I have written, cancel the printPreView and come back to the record view, edit or/and complete the text and so on...
I hope this explains the issue more exacting.
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:27 pm

tgs wrote:I'm sorry Jan,

but sometimes it is a little bit difficult to explain the issue in english. What I meant is to have a zoom function for the record view window (like in FileMaker) for a zoomed out view while typing or editing text. The paperPrintScale property only allows to control/view the typed text in the printPreView, not to enter or edit. For me it is not userfriendly to typ text, change to printPreView for a look what I have written, cancel the printPreView and come back to the record view, edit or/and complete the text and so on...
I hope this explains the issue more exacting.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand. If 8 pixels is too small to read how can it be a good idea to make the font 8 pixels when the user is editing? I assume he wants to see what he is typing so I'd think it is a better idea to use a readable size both when reading and when editing.....
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Next

Return to Discuss Feature Requests