Zoom level for developing forms

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Postby tgs » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Jan Aleman wrote:I'm sorry but I still don't understand. If 8 pixels is too small to read how can it be a good idea to make the font 8 pixels when the user is editing? I assume he wants to see what he is typing so I'd think it is a better idea to use a readable size both when reading and when editing.....

You are right, but there are a lot of examples for printing text on a letter form in 6 to 8 px and you can read it well. Address headers, Infos in the footer and so on. In my own solution I print out the article descriptions on an invoice in 8 px and have text briks in 9 px. This is very well readable on the printed form, but not on the record view enter form, displayed on the computer monitor!
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:59 pm

tgs wrote:
Jan Aleman wrote:I'm sorry but I still don't understand. If 8 pixels is too small to read how can it be a good idea to make the font 8 pixels when the user is editing? I assume he wants to see what he is typing so I'd think it is a better idea to use a readable size both when reading and when editing.....

You are right, but there are a lot of examples for printing text on a letter form in 6 to 8 px and you can read it well. Address headers, Infos in the footer and so on. In my own solution I print out the article descriptions on an invoice in 8 px and have text briks in 9 px. This is very well readable on the printed form, but not on the record view enter form, displayed on the computer monitor!

Right, this brings us back to my original suggestion that allows you to print smaller than you see it on screen.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Westy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Another option is to loop through the form elements on a form and change their size and position, giving the illusion of 'zooming-in" on the form. I just posted an example of this at:
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=9775
Dean
Westy

Previous

Return to Discuss Feature Requests