modules.allnames

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

modules.allnames

Postby Karel Broer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:44 pm

I need to know which modules/solutions are currently connected.
A function like:
Code: Select all
var vAllModulesArray = modules.allnames
would be great to have.
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby pbakker » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Not possible since modules are just a designtime concept, so this function could not work in the client.

Paul
pbakker

Postby gjaaaf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 am

I actually needed that function as well. Would it be possible to add extra functionallity to modules / clients, to make this possible? I know that Karels development is heavely module based. I would use this function to run certain initialisation code based on the presence of a module. A module-init function would probably also be a solution.
gjaaaf

Postby pbakker » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:50 am

Has any of you allready registered this as feature request in our Support System?

Paul
pbakker

Postby gjaaaf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:53 am

In the ugly workaround department: there is forms.allnames. Using that, and checking for names of forms from the various modules, possibly based on a naming convention would give you the information you need. However: I still second Karels request because of the clumsiness of this approach. If you have forms.allnames and databaseManager.getTableNames, there should be application.getAllModules.
gjaaaf

Postby gjaaaf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 am

I will register it.
gjaaaf

Postby Karel Broer » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:43 am

Thank you gjaaaf for supporting this request. :)

gjaaaf wrote:In the ugly workaround department: there is forms.allnames. Using that, and checking for names of forms from the various modules, possibly based on a naming convention would give you the information you need.

That's the way we kinda do this now too, but it is indeed not a tight waterproof solution.

Next to this we need to be able to display/know the real current connected modules names on each server or multideveloepr instance. That way we're able to prevent certain actions to run when certain modules are not connected.
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Return to Discuss Feature Requests