Servoy 3.5.6

Servoy announcements

Postby Robert Huber » Tue May 20, 2008 11:56 am

Hello Paul

pbakker wrote:Your assumption that the format of the column fields is always the same as the format of the label is not true.

This way you have all the flexibility.

Yes, that could be, but I also hope you see that this optimization is much more than the often called 80:20 rule, may be 99:1. And gives a lot of labels on a (table view) form as work for not much gain.

pbakker wrote:labelFor on a field makes no sense: a field is NOT a label.

Paul

I agree with you that a field is not a label. If only everything else in Servoy would be so consistent and strict .-)

Thanks and regards, Robert
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Color Change in Default Kunstoff Theme

Postby ellenmeserow » Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Just a note -- When I upgraded to 3.5.6 from 3.5.5 the default background color of my forms got darker by a bit. Not going to worry about it, but some might. See attached, in the lower right of the screen is 3.5.5 and the upper left is 3.5.6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Another one -- type-ahead width

Postby ellenmeserow » Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 pm

On the change you made:

[fix] case 123018: wrong type-ahead field popup dimension

We're very happy about this one, but it had some unintended consequences that I think could be rapidly fixed.

Basically, we complained about this kind of thing on the forum post http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=9690&highlight= partially because we were having trouble with the bug where typeaheads weren't as wide as their field, but when that was the case it was also possible to get typeaheads to be LONGER than the field they're attached to. Which was useful -- since comboboxes can't do that, nor can any menu type?

Is it possible/easy to ASAP make it so that typeaheads can never be SHORTER than the field they're attached to, but can be longer depending on the values within the valuelist (within reason of course).

This used to be possible when the bug was present, see attached where this typeahead (just made to look like a combobox for visual reasons) in the top left is 3.5.5 and bottom right is 3.5.6. You'll see my problem immediately I believe and understand the size of the problem -- it's a show stopper for us if they can't read the menus:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Postby pianas » Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 pm

We changed this. Now the popup window can exceed the width of the parent. In the same time I put a maximum value, but also put horizontal scroller if needed. The change will be available in the next build.

Regards
Paul Ianas
Servoy
pianas

Postby Robert Huber » Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Hello Paul

In trying to format a label I am stuck with the margin property. I tried to use these

text-align: left;
margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px;

in the hope the label would be left (it is) with a little margin to the left. When setting margin there is no reaction of the label to these settings. Is it a bug or is there another property for label margins?

Best regards, Robert

pbakker wrote:An addition to Gianni comments on the customizable tableView headers:

for each field in the tableView of which you want to customize the header, you place an extra label on you form and connect the label to the field using the labelfor property on the label (set it to the name of the field).

Now, style the label as you want and at runtime, the styling of the label will be used to style the header of the column of the tableview. The label will NOT show up as a separate label on your form at runtime.

Paul
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby pbakker » Fri May 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Have you checked the available style properties for labels in the docs?

Does the margin setting work on normal labels (so labels that are not used for TableView column headers)?

Paul
pbakker

Postby Robert Huber » Fri May 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Yes, in chapter 5, page 99 of the Servoy351DevRefGuide the margin property is listed for labels.

The margin does not work on normal labels, either, so it seems to be a bug.

Regards, Robert

pbakker wrote:Have you checked the available style properties for labels in the docs?

Does the margin setting work on normal labels (so labels that are not used for TableView column headers)?

Paul
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Tabpanel moves when clicked on 3.5.6 Mac

Postby rioba » Sat May 24, 2008 8:03 am

I have a form with a tabpanel containing 2 forms. The first form in the tabpanel has a colored strip on top that changes according to the form content. In 3.5.6 if I click on the tabpanel it "moves" upward and covers the colored area. To restore the previous state I must toggle edit mode. This happens both in developer and smart client. It does not happen when clicking any object of the form (fields, buttons etc) but only when hitting the tabpanel itself.

I tested the same form with 3.5.5 and everything worked as expected.

Servoy Developer
Version 3.5.6-build 519
Java version 1.5.0_13-119 (Mac OS X)

This happens also using Java 1.6 (Java version 1.6.0_05-b13-52)
rioba

Postby pbakker » Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm

The margin does not work on normal labels, either, so it seems to be a bug.

Please file a case in our support system for this.

Tnx,

Paul
pbakker

Postby Hans Nieuwenhuis » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi,

can anyone explain what the enhancement

Code: Select all
use field format to upper or lower case field values
does and how to use it ?

Thanks

Hans
Hans Nieuwenhuis
Betagraphics
http://www.deltics.nl
http://www.betagraphics.nl

Servoy Version 7.3.1
Java version 1.7.0.x
Database Oracle 11g
Hans Nieuwenhuis

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Just specify "U" and "L" as format, this is also added to the prefilled list in 4.0 Developer (not sure about 3.5.x)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby svroemisse » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:29 am

Correction: it's '|U' and '|L'. That's <pipe symbol>U and <pipe symbol>L .
Sandor Vroemisse
Servoy
svroemisse

Postby agiletortoise » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 pm

I appears that 3.5.6 made the spell check button in the toolbar dissapear. Anyone else see this?

I hadn't noticed until a client pointed out that it's missing in their clients, then I noticed it's also gone in my developer installation. Could have been some other factor, but it seemed to coincide with the 3.5.6 update (from 3.5.5).

greg.
Greg Pierce
Agile Tortoise
SAN Developer
http://www.agiletortoise.com
agiletortoise

Postby svroemisse » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:48 am

agiletortoise wrote:I appears that 3.5.6 made the spell check button in the toolbar dissapear. Anyone else see this?

I see the image on the button has disappeared. The button itself is still there though. Will be fixed in the next release.
Sandor Vroemisse
Servoy
svroemisse

Postby svroemisse » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:57 am

The fixed spell check plug-in can be downloaded here. Put it in your servoy plugins directory and restart.
Sandor Vroemisse
Servoy
svroemisse

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements