Servoy 4.1 Final

Servoy announcements

Servoy 4.1 Final

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:08 pm

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 4.1

Make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing.

This version is available through the download page on the Servoy website (developer section) and auto update.

Changes
[new] SolutionModel node giving the ability to dynamically generate forms through scripting
[new] servoy_sample_solutionModel included
[new] dataset as datasource via "dataset.createDataSource(...)", this results in the possibility to use forms created in solutionModel on any dataset
[new] make saving of a single record possible through databaseManager.saveData(...) during autosave disabled, it's possible to save a specific record
[new] databaseManager.nullColumnValidatorEnabled = false or true (disabeld/enabled the default null check, null check could influence business logic in an unwanted way while autosave is disabled)
[new] case 158142: databaseManager.getTableFilterParams(...)
[new] case 169286: function i18n.setI18NMessage(String i18nKey, String value) was added in order to specify i18n key values at runtime
[new] case 143120: added function record.exception.getSQLParameters()
[new] case 173985: missing getTitleText() on a field element
[new] case 160199: DBTreeView bean - have the option to make the checkbox non-editable
[new] clean import from admin page
[new] support for setting row height in DBTreeView bean

[enh] faster solution loading
[enh] case 164379: html bloated in webclient
[enh] case 174832: request use of db identities for i18n tables
[enh] case 120055: a message is given when the web client is disconnected from the server
[enh] new optional arguments for security.logout([solutionToLoad], [method], [argument]) that are the same as closeSolution(...) for reopening a solution

Developer Changes
[new] edit container relation support (self join with all siblings = relation to same table without keys) this allows to pass foundsets over tabpanels in a related way
[new] outline view implemented for form designer
[new] case 156969: refresh database Servers context menu option
[new] case 158718: 'copy table' command missing
[new] case 160092: option in Solution Explorer list to also display elements from modules (show valuelists from main solution plus modules)
[new] case 162903: toggle form commands implemented in Eclipse Developer
[new] case 169954: support for relation name as string when adding a related tab
[new] case 174219: Log Server setup is confusing

[enh] code completion improvements, much more can be completed
[enh] added 'foundset' and 'exception' to the code completion of 'record'
[enh] better error reporting when creating columns with invalid names
[enh] case 159337: CTRL-L shortcut works both ways: the form that has focus in smart client will be shown in designer
[enh] case 160091: most filter dialogs have an option to filter on parent nodes (for instance relation name to find all related dataproviders)
[enh] case 161615: add tooltips to the default buttons in an editable media field in web client
[enh] case 162791: servoy team syncronize possibility of an individual form
[enh] optimize in form editor: paste action, only go to clipboard when command is actually executed
[enh] performance improvements for the Solution Explorer filter
[enh] support for network port in Servoy Team Server URL address during solution checkout
[enh] case 163335: relation editor improvements: when the primary table is selected, prefill the primary items with the pk (as is done in Servoy 3.5)
[enh] added 'Show Form Designer' pop-up menu to the javascript editor
[enh] case 151921: developer 4 sometimes starts too fast while the database is still initializing. we added a property "waitForNativeStartup" if set to true it will wait for the native startup process to finish execution before continuing to start developer
[enh] case 163057: Serclipse: color and font chooser not available on stylesheet editors
[enh] case 165250: remember the size of the I18N editor window
[enh] case 165822: sequence names are not allowed to be longer than 30 characters, now a warning is given instead
[enh] case 164727: context menu option and keyboard shortcut to open script editor from form editor
[enh] case 167767: warning when starting a client from developer and editors are dirty
[enh] case 167168: aggregate error markers generated for missing/disabled servers instead of hunderds of errors
[enh] case 168711: 'link with editor' now expands the form node and makes the expanded node visible
[enh] case 155038,158319: Javascript editor: 'open declaration' (F3/ctrl-click) for jumping to and from global/form methods
[enh] case 173256: prefill of path with active solution name in solution export
[enh] case 146663: save behavior improved in properties view
[enh] case 167092: better copy-paste support for script methods
[enh] case 172150: option to export a certain number of sample data rows in eclipse solution export
[enh] case 176630: confirmation dialog when clicking "Add/Remove Solution Nature"
[chg] during solution export, a warning dialog is shown if there are errors in the solution

Fixes in 4.1 betas/release-candidates
See Servoy 4.1 rc3 release notes
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 4.1 Final

Postby msedita » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:33 pm

This is awesome stuff. I am amazed you guys go this out so fast.

Now a question:

"make saving of a single record possible through databaseManager.saveData(...) during autosave disabled, it's possible to save a specific record"

Can you give an example? The move code shows databaseManager.saveData([record]). What is "[record]"? How does it know which table?
msedita

Postby ryanparrish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 pm

So I ran the update and it says my servoy version is "4.1.0 rc2ii build 649", is the rc2 stuff just a forgotten leftover, or did I not get the update properly?
ryanparrish

Postby keenkenny » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Ryan,

It should read "Servoy version 4.1.0 -build 651".

I updated this morning using servoy_updater.jar and was left with this version.
keenkenny

Postby msedita » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:19 pm

You can keep re-running the update until it says there are no more updates. At that point you should be at the final version, build 651.
msedita

Postby ryanparrish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 am

[quote="msedita"]You can keep re-running the update until it says there are no more updates. At that point you should be at the final version, build 651.[/quote]

Yep, that was it. I forgot for a bit that the updater does staged upgrades.
ryanparrish

Postby david » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 am

Huge congratulations on 4.1 Servoy. This is close to the most exciting release since 1.0 in my opinion. Being right on the heels of moving to Eclipse with 4.0 it's a lot of Wow! in one year. Thanks! It's a lot of fun being a Servoy developer...pretty cool that.
david

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 pm

msedita wrote:Can you give an example? The move code shows databaseManager.saveData([record]). What is "[record]"? How does it know which table?

We could have done a better job in the sample code..., here is a sample code snipped:
databaseManager.saveData(foundset.getRecord(1));

The record object knows to which table it belongs
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby markhooper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm

We tried to upgrade our app server install of Servoy 4.1.0 rc1 to 4.1.0 final and are getting a 401 error...

cal-app1/ka/AS10FORMS> java -jar servoy_updater.jar
Current Servoy version 646
Checking for new Servoy version
Starting/working in: /space1/local/servoy-4.1.0final
Loading version info...
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://downloads.servoy.com/downloads/4 ... n_info.txt
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1152)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
at com.servoy.j2db.develop.cmd.VersionCheck.loadVersionInfoFile(VersionCheck.java:125)
at com.servoy.j2db.develop.cmd.VersionCheck.main(VersionCheck.java:254)

Is something wrong with the download server ?
Thanks in advance
markhooper

Postby full_noize » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:17 am

I Got similar error to Mark (above). Is there an issue somewhere?
full_noize

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am

markhooper wrote:Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://downloads.servoy.com/downloads/4 ... n_info.txt

This is strange, the url just opens fine for me in a browser, try for your self, by clicking the one above.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby martinh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:44 pm

I wanted to have Servoy 3.5.7 AND Servoy 4.1 running on 1 single machine.
I installed 4.1 in another directory than 3.5.7
That went well, but when installing 4.1 I selected the Windows Service option.
Because I wanted both servers running as a service.

Unfortunately my main service (3.5.7) is lost, because it was overwritten by the 4.1 installation.
Please provide possibility to have both services on the same server and even more important:

How can I reset my service back to the 3.5.7 version, because I can't change the path in the Windows Services properties.
martinh

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Change in the servoy 3.5/service directory
the wrapper.conf to read the line: wrapper.ntservice.name=ServoyService35
Then execute in the servoy 3.5 directory
service\Wrapper.exe" -i "service\wrapper.conf"

Then you will have a ServoyService and a ServoyService35 in the windows services list
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby martinh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Jan,

I did the change that you wrote, but unfortunately it doesn't work. See screenshot.

[attachment=0]wrapper_error.jpg[/attachment]

What did I do wrong? The file exists wrapper.conf exists in that directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martinh

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Fail to explain this, please give it a try inside the service dir then, with:
Wrapper.exe -i wrapper.conf
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Next

Return to Announcements