Jasper report no detail

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Jasper report no detail

Postby msedita » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:47 am

Hi all -

I'm using the jasper reports plugin and when I view one particular report in developer,I get one page with the page title and footer and the reports summary band (with correct totals), but no detail is displayed. I'm using version 3.0 of the plugin, iReport 3.5.2, Servoy 4.1.3. I did make sure all the plugin components match the iReport versions. Not sure why this report is different than others that display properly. Anybody have this problem? Thanks.
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Re: Jasper report no detail

Postby Thomas Parry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Note the the plugin version is an alpha for 3.0.0...user beware...

Another case for jars to be updated such as iText.jar needing updating for iReports 3.5.2.
See
http://www.servoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12647

and my article about updating servoy jasper reports plugin at http://www.prospect-saas.biz

If this helps could you please add a comment in the google code
http://groups.google.com/group/servoy-jasperreports-plugin?msg=subscribe
so that we have another tester result - thanks.
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Java/C++/Servoy/Jasper Reports/Simulation/Service Applications
http://www.prospect-saas.biz
Thomas Parry

Postby msedita » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks - I have been reading all about the issues with upgrading iReport, and thanks for putting up that tips page. It's very valuable.

I though I had gone through and upgraded the components, itext, etc. , but I must have missed something because after further cleanup, the report now runs properly in developer. Running on server is still a problem. I think it is with the Jasper viewer. When it appears, a blank form with only the save button appears. If you mouse over the other buttons and page counter,they then appear. The report itself does not appear. You can page through and it says page 1 of 7, page 2 of 7, etc., but still no report displaying. This happens with all reports, not just the one I was have the earlier problem with.

I'm wondering if Vista can be causing a problem.

On another matter though - you say to put an "!" after the "P" for parameters. When I do this the report errors out in iReport and doesn't appear in the viewer when run from the servoy plugin.
So, $P{from_department} works but $P!{from_department} does not.

This is the error I get:
Code: Select all
 Error executing SQL statement for : c6chg_register
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : c6chg_register      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:141)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:685)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:605)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1235)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:865)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:814)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:63)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:421)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:251)      at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:898)      at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)      at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)  Caused by: com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: SQL Anywhere Error -131: Syntax error near 'and' on line 38 

Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Postby msedita » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:22 pm

After much trial-and-error, I found the most recent problem to be a missing commons-collections-3.2.1.jar file.

For anyone interested, this is what I have in my plugins\servoy_jasperreports folder:

commons-beanutils-1.8.0.jar
commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
commons-digester-1.7.jar
commons-javaflow-20060411.jar
iText-2.1.0.jar
jasperreports-3.5.2.jar
jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Postby Thomas Parry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

It is good to hear that you got it going finally.

I did have the commons-collections in my jnlp file - maybe you missed it!

Also the use of the exclamation point after the $P for a parameter was applicable in the WHERE clause when you want the string that is the result of the parameter rather than the interpreted parameter. So there is no problem there.

So you are now a full fledged member of the "I am frustrated with the jasper reports plugin upgrade" club :shock: Is it not fun to finally get the thing to work :?:

BTW have you tried the output directly to the file (pdf and excel in particular?) I would be interested in your results.
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Thomas Parry

Postby msedita » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:03 am

You did have the commons-collections.jar in your tips, it was not in the plugin folder so I overlooked it. It looks like I can save the reports as a pdfs, haven't tested other formats.

Once you get this Jasper reports working, it's pretty impressive.
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Postby Foobrother » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 am

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem: report works on developer but they empty on the server.
I use Servoy 4.1.3, JasperReports plugin 3.0.0a1, iReports 3.5.2

I have looked at your tips but there is no iText.jar to change my plugin folder.
What should I do?
Current configuration: Servoy 5.2.6 Build 1011, Java 6u24, PostgreSQL 8.3, Windows Server 2003

Servoy / Java Developer
http://www.assetguardian.com
Foobrother

Postby Thomas Parry » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Foobrother,
The iText file is in the iReports folder and will be called iText-2.1.0.jar You can either rename it to iText.jar or keep the name and then edit the servoyjasperreprts.jar.jnlp in order to specify that it be downloaded.

The folder to examine is "\iReport-nb-3.5.2\ireport\modules\ext" in whatever top level directory you installed into.

Please re-read the tips. 8)

The key to the server issue is to get all the jar files to be downloaded to the smart client. Look at Mike Sedita's jnlp file for hints on what other jar files might be needed. In particular note the commons-collections is in the lib folder (of servoy).

Hope this helps.
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Thomas Parry

Postby Foobrother » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Thomas Parry wrote:Foobrother,
The iText file is in the iReports folder and will be called iText-2.1.0.jar You can either rename it to iText.jar or keep the name and then edit the servoyjasperreprts.jar.jnlp in order to specify that it be downloaded.

The folder to examine is "\iReport-nb-3.5.2\ireport\modules\ext" in whatever top level directory you installed into.

Please re-read the tips. 8)

The key to the server issue is to get all the jar files to be downloaded to the smart client. Look at Mike Sedita's jnlp file for hints on what other jar files might be needed. In particular note the commons-collections is in the lib folder (of servoy).

Hope this helps.

I have read your tips and I can see "ensure you delete or rename the old iText.jar to something that does not end in .jar ..."
However I don't have any iText.jar in my servoy_jasperreports directory. I just have commons-digester-1.7.jar and jasperreports-3.5.2.jar.
Should I add iText.jar (the one of iReport) in that directory and .jnlp without bothering about deleting or renaming an eventual old file?
Current configuration: Servoy 5.2.6 Build 1011, Java 6u24, PostgreSQL 8.3, Windows Server 2003

Servoy / Java Developer
http://www.assetguardian.com
Foobrother

Postby Thomas Parry » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:43 pm

From the google code site:
The servoy_jasperreports-2.1.5.zip contains itext.jar

The servoy_jasperreports-3.0.0.a1.zip does not contain any itext.jar at all - you are correct. :oops:

Not to worry just go copy the file form the iReports folder and put it in the servoy-jasperreports folder.

I guess this should be added to the tip and to the jar file zipped!
Thanks for the feedback and good testing!
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Thomas Parry

Return to Plugins and Beans