URL to deep link to existing client instance?

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

URL to deep link to existing client instance?

Postby agiletortoise » Tue May 08, 2007 11:32 pm

I know I can provide a URL to open Servoy Client and run a method, very nice. This always opens a new instance of Servoy, however.

Is there any way to provide a URL, or configure Java Web Client, or whatever, that will call a method in an existing instance of client?

I want my solution to send notification emails that will have a link back to the appropriate context in the Client (not the Web client, but the rich-client).

Thanks for any ideas,

greg.
agiletortoise

Re: URL to deep link to existing client instance?

Postby janteque » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:01 pm

You can use a link to execute a global method of your solution, this method could receive parameters and open a form. There is a sample on the servoy developer docs:

Code: Select all
http://localhost:8080/servoy-client/servoy_client/servoy_sample_crm.jnlp?method=showOrder&argument=10444&rnd=12302
---------------------------------------
Pablo Antequera
janteque

Postby patrick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 pm

I am using that also, but we have one problem with it. If we start a smart client from the servoy-client page or the desktop and then later click on a link like that, another client is started. All subsequent clicks on links are then executed in that second instance. If the first client is started using such a link, all subsequent clicks will execute in that client. I have tried this several times, but I always end up having two clients.

What can be done to prevent this?

Thanks
Patrick
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 pm

cant be prevented.
Because the thing we know what client it uses (a cookie) is not set if you start through the jnlp starter directly the first time and the through a browser.
First time the webstart loader gets the cookie and the second time the browser and these are ofcourse not shared.

So if you want to deep link always to an existing client you have to start them always through the same browser.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pbakker » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:30 am

pbakker

Return to Servoy Client