Implementing enhcanced security

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Implementing enhcanced security

Postby alb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:36 am

Just upgraded a solution to 5.2.2 and trying to implement enhanced security folllowing instructions in wiki.
Am splitting my logic out into 2 new modules as required: mod_login and mod_authenticator

Moved the initial login form into new solution type login (mod_login) and set this is the loginSolutionName for main solution. When solution starts this login form gets displayed as expected.
...but....
I need to to load a ValueList for the drop-down in this form. Following the model in wiki doc I added the following code to the onShow event of the form in mod_login;

var vtenants = security.authenticate('mod_authenticator','getTenants');
application.setValueListItems('Tenants',vtenants)

at the very least this should go off to the authenticator module (mod_authenticator) and try to run the getTenants function....problem is it doesnt :(
When I run the solution with debug breakpoints the var vtenants gets executed - but when I F5 to step into it *never* goes off to the authenticator module - so whether my code in that module is correct is irrelevant......it just doesn't go there.

So what have I got wrong. I think it must be really simple but cant spot it. What makes the login module jump to the authenticator module?

Al.
alb

Re: Implementing enhcanced security

Postby alb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 am

doh
helps if you set your authenticator module to solution type 'authenticator'.... otherwise it will NEVER get called :)
Hope this helps someone else....
alb

Re: Implementing enhcanced security

Postby sbutler » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:03 pm

We also have a video on Servoy University: http://servoyuniversity.com/ showing how to implement the new enhanced security. Its the security video.
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Return to Servoy Client