Servoy 6.0 alpha 5

Release notes for Servoy betas

Re: Servoy 6.0 alpha 5

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

rossent wrote:JSMethod has the property showInMenu, however the create method dialog does not have the option anymore to set that property.
Is this deprecated now? Can we still use it?

if you select a method in the solution explorer tree, then the the properties view you can set the show in menu.

As far as i see also 5.2 doesn't have that property in the create method dialog.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rossent » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:49 pm

jcompagner wrote:if you select a method in the solution explorer tree, then the the properties view you can set the show in menu.

I guess I was blind for not seeing that - should visit the eye doctor :shock:
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby lvostinar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Thomas Parry wrote:So what have I missed this time?
I exported a solution from Servoy 5.2.6 and attempted to import in 6a5. I get the message to enter the password because it is protected solution. Which it is not.
I use the developer to do the import.
The 6a5 is a brand new install, repository is brand new (the Postgres is the one bundled with Servoy).
Using Win Xp Pro Sp3.

Can you import the solution back in Servoy 5.2.6 developer ? Do you have a context menu option Remove protection on the solution (this means solution is protected)?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby Thomas Parry » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

@lvostinar
I tried to import the solution back into 5.2.6 but it too says it is password protected. However I never (knowingly) put a password on it.
I then tried to remove the protection but it asks for a password before hand which I would not know.
So now I am stuck?
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Java/C++/Servoy/Jasper Reports/Simulation/Service Applications
http://www.prospect-saas.biz
Thomas Parry

Postby lvostinar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Thomas Parry wrote:@lvostinar
I tried to import the solution back into 5.2.6 but it too says it is password protected. However I never (knowingly) put a password on it.
I then tried to remove the protection but it asks for a password before hand which I would not know.
So now I am stuck?

There was a bug in the past that if you renamed the solution it was considered password protected. Maybe this is what happened? If you rename it back to original name and rename it again to new name should get rid of this issue.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby Thomas Parry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 pm

So how does one rename a solution - only on import?
Sorry I cannot find a way to do this in the developer.

Edit:
I tried the clean import (version 5.2.6) and got the message:
The import is protected, clean import is not permitted

There must be a another way?
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Thomas Parry

Postby lvostinar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 am

Thomas Parry wrote:So how does one rename a solution - only on import?
Sorry I cannot find a way to do this in the developer.

Edit:
I tried the clean import (version 5.2.6) and got the message:
The import is protected, clean import is not permitted

There must be a another way?

The workaround is about developer rename, there is an context action when solution doesn't have a team provider attached (and also I think must not be active). But this means you didn't rename the solution in first place ?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby jasantana » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:08 pm

I´ve seen in the documentation that some Windowing API methods are deprectated now.

Could you please add to that documentation how can we do what we used to with those methods. For example what is the new method for application.setWindowSize() ?

Thanks.
jasantana

Postby jcompagner » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

For the new windowing api look at the entry point:

application.createWindow(xx) and application.getWindow(xx)

and then you get a JSWindow object that will let you do all kinds of things with that specific window instance.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Thomas Parry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:31 pm

@lvostinar
I originally imported from version 3.5.12 and made a lot of changes with svn. I renamed it at that import point - perhaps before the fix that you mentioned.
Now it seems stuck forever. I am sure I read some place some hack to get around this issue. If I own the code I should be able to have full control. Shall I try disconnecting from svn then try again?

All I would like at this point is to be able to remove any protection that has been erroneously applied. I do not need to rename as well if it can be done.
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Thomas Parry

Postby jasantana » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

jcompagner wrote:For the new windowing api look at the entry point:

application.createWindow(xx) and application.getWindow(xx)

and then you get a JSWindow object that will let you do all kinds of things with that specific window instance.

What I need is that my login form get the proper size and centered on the screen and after login the application gets maximized.

What I used to do is put the size of the application window to the login form size in the onSolutionOpen of the login solution and in the onSolutionOpen of the main solution I just set the size to what I needed.

Now I do not see a way to get that. Could you please give me some more information?

Thanks.
jasantana

Postby lvostinar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Thomas Parry wrote:@lvostinar
I originally imported from version 3.5.12 and made a lot of changes with svn. I renamed it at that import point - perhaps before the fix that you mentioned.
Now it seems stuck forever. I am sure I read some place some hack to get around this issue. If I own the code I should be able to have full control. Shall I try disconnecting from svn then try again?

All I would like at this point is to be able to remove any protection that has been erroneously applied. I do not need to rename as well if it can be done.

I sent you a private message on this.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby rossent » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi all,

In the solution explorer, selecting the Globals node of either the active solution or of any of the modules which the solution is using, provides the list of global methods. However, this list contains not only the global methods defined in the selected solution or module, but the global methods of any other module which the selected solution/module references. Is this the designed behavior or a side effect of something else? If this is the designed behavior, is there an option to specify that only the global methods defined within the specific solution/module are to be displayed? In my opinion, this should be the default behavior since the purpose of the solution explorer is to visualize what is defined/created at a specific level and not a "merged view" of everything which is accessible at that specific level.
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby pbakker » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:33 pm

See the properties if the list area showing the globals: it has an option to include items from the modules or not.

This is not something new, was there also in Servoy 5.

Paul
pbakker

Postby rossent » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:52 pm

pbakker wrote:See the properties if the list area showing the globals: it has an option to include items from the modules or not.

This is not something new, was there also in Servoy 5.

Thanks Paul!

Un-checking the option "Include Modules" in the Solution Explorer List Viewer Options does what I need it to do. I did not realize that this feature was in Servoy 5 - perhaps the default value is to not include the modules and I had ticked that option on when playing with the new options in Servoy 6.

Thanks again for the quick help on this. Any word on when we might expect the next alpha/beta release?
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Releases