Exporting problem

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Exporting problem

Postby chris » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:10 am

I'm having trouble importing - pls see image. Is this a bug or a feature?

The problem is that it's not showing me the actual database fields and instead is providing a text box.

Thanks.
Attachments
prob.jpg
prob.jpg (37.15 KiB) Viewed 6013 times
chris

Postby chris » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:15 am

After closing and reopining Servoy (beta6) I got the import to work, but I imported a tab file and it kicked out an error saying there was a null value.

Is there anyway to make this not an error? This probably has a lot to do with the backend (firebird) but from a user's experience, they'll often need to import simple lists of contacts and sometimes the home city, for example, won't be filled in.

Thanks.
chris

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:58 pm

In that case define your tables to allow null values.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby chris » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:02 pm

ah, yes. thank you.

What do you think about the image i uploaded? should that happen?
chris

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:20 pm

The image you uploaded should not happen. Is there any way to reproduce it?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby chris » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:22 pm

I had the methods editor open while I was importing. That's not much help, I know, but that's about all I know.
Thanks.
chris

Postby DFehrenbach » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:18 pm

I got the same issue when importing excel and tab delimited text files. If you press the prev. button to return to the spreadsheet form after starting to map the fields to be imported, and then return to the mapping form, the fields you had previously mapped are still there but the dropdown box is no longer active and text is able to be entered. You must cancel import at this point and start over.

Another problem I have encountered on the mapping form is when importing fields that contain text date values. Import will not allow more than 2 text dates to be imported in the same record. The first two dates are imported, the third date is ignored. Really! I've tried it many times!
I can send you a solution if you would like.

A third problem on the mapping form occurs if two dates have the same value on the left side of the mapping form. The right side will try to force the field mapping from the first field to the second field (see attachment)

Using rc2 on Win2k
DFehrenbach

Postby jcompagner » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:24 pm

Most or all of these things are fixed in 2.0RC5. can you test it when RC5 when it comes out to see what still stands?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs