Bugs at text/excel file import

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Bugs at text/excel file import

Postby bruno » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:06 pm

There are 4 problems I saw, not sure if already reported:

1. By click prev button after file is selected, mapping of database fields to import fields is no more possible (no database fields to select).

2. If there are two import fields with same number/value in the first import row (i.e. two same id's for different keys) only one selection is possible - if I select one db field, the oder import field is set to the same database field automatically.

3. If the first row in a text file is not complete (one or more value empty) then it is not possible to make selection of the fields, even if the second raw contains all data.

4. Excel import is not working at all, after spending some time with reading the file (?) Servoy gets back to the browse window.

My application version:
Servoy Developer
Version R2 2.0 rc2-build 262
Java version 1.4.2_03-b02 (Windows XP)

Database is DB2 EE on Windows 2000 Server.

I also notice that every import by approx. 75000 entries stops. I had to slice the file to be able to import.
bruno

Postby jcompagner » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:23 pm

Most of these things have been fixed in 2.0RC5.
Please can you test it again and say what still is a problem when RC5 comes out?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs